Pintupi Homelands Health Service Aboriginal Corporation (PHHSAC) is an Aboriginal Community-Controlled Health Organisation serving the Walungurru (Kintore) Community for the past 35 years.
PHHSAC is one the most remote medical practice in Australia. The practice is located in the Great Western Desert 540 kilometres west of Alice Springs and aims to deliver a consistent high quality culturally appropriate Primary Health Care (PHC), Aged Care Services, School Nutrition Program, Health Promotion Program and Social and Emotional Wellbeing Program to its Indigenous clienteles.
The health service has a strong relationship with the Aboriginal &Torres Strait Islander people in the community – Agnanu, Pintupi people.
Pintupi Homelands Health Service works with a range of organisations and the community to deliver care and promote health to those living within Kintore Community borders and beyond. Some of the key stakeholders include:
- Australian Government through the Department of Health
- Australian Government through the National Indigenous Australians Agency
- MacDonnell Regional Council through the Kintore Local Authority
- Walungurru Community Government Council (advisory)
- The Pulikutjarra Aboriginal Corporation operating as the Kintore Store
- The Walungurru Primary School
- Yirara Lutheran College (high school children/adults)
- Papunya Tula Artists Art Centre
- Child Care Centre
- Kintore Cross Border Police Station (2 NT,1 WA Police Officers and 1 Aboriginal Community Police Officer)
- Community Lutheran Church
- Central Land Council
- Western Desert Nganampa Walytja Palyantjaku Tjutaku Aboriginal Corporation